4 tbsp. butter
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/4 of a garlic clove, finely chopped
1 medium tomato diced
thisHAITI Pikliz - 1 tsp or more if you like it spicy!
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended, season with salt and pepper
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter. Pour in eggs. As the eggs begin to set, use a rubber spatula to push cooked edges towards center of pan and allow uncooked eggs to flow out onto hot empty spaces of pan to continue cooking.
- Once done to your liking, fold and transfer to serving plate
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter. Add shallots and sauté until tender for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Next add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown. Be careful to not burn, as this will create a bitter flavor.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
- Turn off heat and add pikliz
- Pour spicy tomato mix over eggs and serve with slices of toast